These Whole30 Baked Scotch Eggs are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack as well as a great addition to Sunday brunch. Packed with protein, this healthy baked version of classic scotch eggs are easy to make and delicious!
- 1 lb Pork Breakfast Sausage, see notes
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs, see notes
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 1/2 C Almond Meal or Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Tapioca Flour
- In a small bowl combine the almond meal and tapioca flour.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk one egg.
- Divide the pork sausage into 4 equal patties and flatten to about 1/4” thick between your hands.
- Wrap one hard boiled egg in one of the flatted patties and shape into a ball.
- Gently roll the pork covered egg in the whisked egg and allow the excess to drip off. There should just be enough egg for the coating to stick.
- Roll the egg in the almond meal and tapioca flour until coated.
- Place the scotch egg on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 400 degrees F until the sausage is cooked thoroughly to a temp of 160 F.
- Check the ingredients on your sausage! Pederson’s is a great Whole30 compliant brand. Use the code “EMILEE” here to get $10 off your order!
- In the name of quick and easy, I have used both packaged hard boiled eggs as well as homemade, both delicious!
- For a delicious mustard sauce, mix equal parts dijon and yellow mustard and just enough red wine vinegar to thin it out to your liking
Keywords: Scotch Eggs, Whole30, Breakfast, Appetizer