These Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars are the best of both worlds with a paleo shortbread like crust, a pumpkin custard filling, and a gooey and sweet pecan pie topping. This gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free dessert will be the perfect addition to your Paleo Thanksgiving menu!
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Pumpkin Custard Layer
- 1 1/2 cup Canned Coconut Cream
- 1 15oz Can Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Ghee, melted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prepare a 9” x 13” pan by lining with parchment paper and greasing lightly.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Add in the coconut oil, egg, syrup and vanilla, using a wooden spoon or spatula mix well until a thick dough is formed.
- Place crust dough in prepared pan and using your hands spread evenly. (Note: if dough it too sticky, dampen hands to spread.)
- Bake for 12 min at 350.
- While crust is baking, prepare the pumpkin custard.
- In a medium sized bowl add all ingredients for custard and mix using a handheld mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Remove crust from oven and pour pumpkin custard over the top.
- Return to oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes at 350, or until center of custard is no longer jiggly (it’s ok if it’s still slightly sticky).
- Prepare pecan pie topping by adding all ingredients for topping to a small bowl and mixing well with a fork.
- Remove pumpkin pie bars from oven and evenly (and carefully) spread pecan topping over the pumpkin custard layer. Very lightly press pecans into the pumpkin layer.
- Return to oven and bake for 12 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes.
- Once completely cool, refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight before cutting into 12 bars and serving chilled.
Keywords: Paleo, Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie, Dessert