These Paleo Pecan Shortbread Cookies are gluten free and grain free and are full of buttery flavor. They have the perfect chewy and slightly crumbly texture and make a great addition to a cup of coffee or evening dessert.
- 3 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 2/3 Cup Ghee, melted
- 1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, very finely chopped
Chocolate Coating (Optional)
- 1 Cup Enjoy Life Chocolate
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- Combine almond floured tapioca flour in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in ghee, maple syrup, and almond extract and mix well using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fold in pecans. (The dough should be thick and sticky).
- Shape the dough into a 12 inch log on a piece of parchment paper and wrap the log tightly with the paper.
- Place the cookie dough log in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cookie dough from freezer and cut into 24 equal cookies (1/2 inch pieces).
- Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart and bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes just until cookies are lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before serving.
- If desired, place chocolate and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate or dip cookies and place on a cooling rack for chocolate to set.
Keywords: Paleo Cookies, Paleo Baking, Cookies, Shortbread