These Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes are dairy free, paleo, and Whole30 compatible. They are the perfect side dish to any weeknight dinner or holiday and have the best sweet and savory flavor! This Sweet Potato recipe will quickly become a family favorite dish.
- 2.5 Lb Sweet Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves, whole
- 1 Cup Water
- 2/3 Cup Canned Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Peel and quarter the sweet potatoes and place in the instant pot on top of the metal trivet.
- Add garlic cloves and water.
- Seal the lid of the instant pot and set to pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- Follow up immediately by a manual quick release of the pressure.
- Drain the remaining water from the potatoes.
- Using a potato masher, food processor, or hand held blender mash or blend the potatoes with the coconut milk and ghee.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Any sweet potatoes will do, but Japanese sweet potatoes are my favorite!
See above for stove top directions.
Keywords: Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Whole30 Side Dish, Instant Pot, Whole30