This instant pot creamy chicken tortilla soup comes together so quickly, dinner will be on your table in less than an hour! It’s packed with chicken, vegetables, and FLAVOR. The perfect gluten free, dairy free soup!
- 2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 15oz can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 32 oz chicken bone broth
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Toppings, as desired
- Set the instant pot to the sauté setting and add the diced bell pepper, diced onion, and cubed potatoes. Allow to cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant and turn off the instant pot.
- Drain and rinse the cans of corn and black beans. Add them to the top of your cooked veggies, followed by the fire roasted tomatoes, and chicken.
- Add in the seasonings and top it off with the chicken bone broth.
- Set the instant pot to pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5-10 minutes before manually releasing.(Ensure chicken has reached 165F).
- Remove chicken from the pot and shred it.
- Using an immersion blender, or by adding half of the remaining soup to a blender, pulse until creaming, leaving chunks of veggies as desired.
- Return the chicken to the soup and add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and lime juice.
- Allow the coconut milk melt and heat up before serving and incorporate before serving.
- Enjoy with desired toppings.
See above post for stove top and slow cooker instructions.
Keywords: Dinner, Soup, Chicken Tortilla Soup, Instant Pot