This Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte is the perfect fall staple. It is dairy free, paleo, free from refined sugars and has a Whole30 compatible option! This easy to make latte is a delicious and healthy alternative to the classic Starbucks pumpkin spice latte.
Better than Starbucks at home Pumpkin Spice Latte
I said what I said. Let’s start with the facts, a 16oz pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks (as is) contains 390 calories, 14 grams of fat (and not the good kind), 52 grams of carbohydrates, and FIFTY (5-0) grams of sugar! WHAT?! Who wants to start their day like that?
This healthy pumpkin spice latte is sweetened naturally with pure maple syrup (or not if you’re Whole30) and flavor coming from whole, natural ingredients and flavors plus REAL organic pumpkin puree.
Plus, doesn’t cozying up at home with this warm latte in your pj’s on a crisp fall morning sound much better than heading out to a drive through and ordering a drink that contains more than two days worth of sugar before 8am? I think so!
- Hot or cold brewed coffee - See below directions for a creamy hot latte or refreshing iced latte!
- Nutpods - I love using french vanilla nut pods for the extra flavor and creaminess it provides, but feel free to substitute the nut pods for whatever your dairy free milk of choice is!
- Coconut cream - Adding a little bit of coconut cream to this recipe takes the creaminess to the next level! Coconut cream is what you find at the top of a can of cold canned coconut milk. But again, feel free to sub for your milk of choice.
- Pumpkin Puree - Adding actual pumpkin puree adds to the creaminess of this latte as well as adding great pumpkin flavor!
- Pure Maple Syrup or sweetener of choice - pure maple syrup and date syrup are my favorite paleo sweeteners but you kind find keto options below! Omit sweetener for Whole30 latte.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Collagen Powder - Adding collagen to this latte is completely optional, but I love the extra boost of protein. Vital Proteins collagen is one of my favorites!
How To Make This Recipe
- Heat: Place nutpods, coconut cream, pumpkin, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and collagen in a small sauce pan and heat, while whisking, just until barely simmering (not boiling). *You can also heat all ingredients in a glass jar in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Blend: Transfer to a blender and blend until thick and creamy (about 30 seconds). *You can zalso transfer to a glass jar and use a handheld frother to froth until thick.
- Sip & Enjoy: Pour warmed milk over a cup of hot coffee and top with additional pumpkin pie spice. Stir gently if desired and enjoy!
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
You can easily make this recipe iced!
- Skip the heating and simply blend (or froth) cold nutpods, coconut cream, pumpkin puree, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and collagen until thick and creamy to your liking. The longer you blend, the thicker it will be!
- Pour over cold brew in a large glass filled with ice and top with additional pumpkin pie spice and paleo whipped cream if desired.
Paleo Coconut Whipped Cream
Adding a dollop of dairy free coconut whipped cream takes this latte over the top! Here’s my favorite way to make paleo whipped cream:
- Place a medium sized glass or stainless steel mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before starting the whipped coconut cream.
- Scoop the coconut cream from a can of coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight into the bowl, discarding (or saving for another recipe!) the liquid at the bottom of the can.
- Use a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix coconut cream on medium speed for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1 tsp of vanilla extract, continue to mix on high speed for 2-3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- If needed, add 1-3 tbsp tapioca flour (1 tbsp at a time) to achieve desired thickness.
Tips & Tricks
A pumpkin spice latte is made up of steamed milk, espresso (or coffee), sweetener, and all the best fall flavors and spices including pumpkin (from pumpkin puree), cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
Definitely! Simply omit the sweetener from this recipe to keep it Whole30 compliant.
Yes! To keep this latte keto compatible simply swap the maple syrup for a keto friendly sweetener such as stevia, xylitol, or monk fruit sweetener.
You can absolutely swap the dairy free milk in this recipe for oat milk! Just keep in mind that while it will remain dairy free, this latte will not be paleo or Whole30 compatible when using oat milk!
More Paleo Pumpkin Recipes
If you’re looking for more paleo pumpkin recipes that are perfect for fall and the holidays check out these delicious Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie Bars or find more paleo and pumpkin recipes on my Paleo Holiday Recipes Pinterest board!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte | Paleo, Whole30
- Blender or Frother
- 8 oz hot coffee or coldbrew
- ¼ cup french vanilla nutpods can sub for vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 scoop collagen peptides optional
For hot latte:
- Place nutpods, coconut cream, pumpkin, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and collagen in a small sauce pan and heat, while whisking, just until barely simmering (not boiling). *You can also heat all ingredients in a glass jar in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until thick and creamy (about 30 seconds). *You can also transfer to a glass jar and use a handheld frother to froth until thick.
- Pour warmed milk over a cup of hot coffee and top with additional pumpkin pie spice. Stir gently if desired and enjoy!
For iced cold brew latte:
- Blend (or froth) cold nutpods, coconut cream, pumpkin puree, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and collagen until thick and creamy to your liking. The longer you blend, the thicker it will be!
- Pour over cold brew in a large glass filled with ice and top with additional pumpkin pie spice.
- You can sub the nutpods and coconut cream dairy free milk of your liking. The nutpods and coconut cream adds to the flavor and creaminess of this latte.
- You can sub milk in this recipe for oat milk just keep in mind that while the latte will be dairy free it will not be paleo compliant.
- To keep this latte Whole30 compatible, omit all sweeteners.